Born in New Delhi, India 1975.
* Bachelor of Fine Art (painting) from College of Art, New Delhi in 1996
* M.A (cert.) painting from Wimbledon School of Art, London, UK in 2003 supported by The Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarship.
* Wimbledon School of Art, London, UK in 2003
* Gallery Rohtas II, in Lahore, Pakistan in 2006.
* Bombay art gallery (Mumbai) 2007.
* ‘Close Knit’ Studio Art gallery (Delhi) 2010.
* Solo booth at the India Art Fair Delhi 2013
*‘ Enmeshed’ Studio Art gallery Delhi 2013
* Within confines' Studio Art Gallery November,2021
* Garhi Grant, By the Lalit Kala Akademy, in 2004, New Delhi
* Charles Wallace India aTrust Scholarship in 2003, (London) UK
* Graphic scholarship at the Kanoria Centre For Arts, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 1997.
* International Workshop & Residency ‘PARTAGE’ in 2004 Mauritius.
* Lionel Wendt gallery Sri Lanka in 2003,
* Galleria Borowski, Cologne, Germany, 2003
* PARTAGE Flic en Flac, Mauritius in 2004,
* “Ways of Seeing’ by gallery Art Alive at Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre in 2005.
* Worked on a project “Nomadic Dresses” with 5 artists exhibited in Halifax Canada 2007,
* Young artist’s art festival Korea with Gallery Exhibit 320, August 2010
My very recent shows include
* Intarsia/memory trace with Sakshi gallery Mumbai 2011,
* ‘Fragile’ with 1x1 gallery Dubai. 2011 and Singapore 2012
* Tactile with latitude28, Oct 2012 New Delhi
*J. Bastien Art – ‘Aux Couleurs de l'Inde’ Belgium 2013
* ‘Clues’ group show at Studio Art gallery, January 2014 New Delhi
* India art Fair 2012 with Abadi art space and2014 and 2018 with Studio art gallery and with Palette art gallery New Delhi
*‘ Mapping a world of curiosities’, Studio Art, Feb 2015 New Delhi
*‘ Red moon songs’ Appejay art gallery New Delhi, curated by Georgina Maddox (august 2016) New Delhi
* A-typiques Jean Bastien gallery Brussels, Belgium June 2017 *
‘One soul many lives’ curated by Georgina Maddox for Artspeaks India April 2018, New Delhi (Bikaner house).
* ‘Silent Conflicts’ A group show curated by Ashna Singh at the Habitat Centre by Studio art gallery, May 2019. New Delhi
* ‘Skin’ A group show curated by Georgina Maddox for Threshold art gallery, July 2019, New Delhi
*Work was part Of AD design fair Mumbai (October 2019) with Gallery Studio Art
*‘Covergence’ an online group show curated by Nalini Malviya, August 2020
*‘This or that’, group show with Studio Art gallery, New Delhi March-2021
*In situ- A group exhibition at Holmes A court gallery Perth Australia, Part of the Indian Ocean Craft Trienniale 2021, September 2021
*Rehang - a group exhibition featuring works of south asian artists working on textiles and thread curated by Uthra Rajgopal at Bikaner house with Anant Art Gallery - October 2021
*Chance Chaos Catharsis - Group show curated by Jesal Thacker at Studio Art Gallery April 2022
* India Art Fair 2022 exhibited with Studio Art Gallery
Shivani's art practice has been widely written about in International Art Magazines like ‘Sculpture’ and ‘Inspirational’ along with many online art magazines and portals. Her works are part of many esteemed collections internationally and within India.
Works and interview published by the ‘Sculpture’ magazine USA (March April issue) 2019 http://www.sculptureonline.org/sculpture/march_april_2019/MobilePagedArticle.action?articleId=1465192#articleId1465192
Interview published in the online magazine Asian curator https://asiancurator.com/shivani-aggarwal/
Works are part of many prestigious collections like ‘Swiss re’ (India), Private Museum Brussels (Belgium), Senior residency project Dehradun (India), Private collections in USA, Japan, Korea, Mauritius, Germany, Australia, Sweden and India
Represented by Studio Art Gallery New Delhi